Monday, March 30, 2009

Visit to Jahajjar on Sat 28 , 2009

Date: Saturday, 28 March, 2009, 10:23 PM
Dear Colleagues,
The Jantar Mantar continues to remain active.
Visits
Accompanied by Col Kanwar Bhardwaj I visited Jahajjar District in Haryana and attended a rally at village Dhor. Over 2000 ESM and families had come from far off villages. The address, received with rapt attention, was punctuated by loud applause. There were several among them who were in the Battalion that I commanded in 1978-1980 in Nagaland. I recalled how they were ever prepared and willing to lay down their life at my command in fighting insurgents. I could detect the same loyalty today. I was first overcome with guilt that so far we have not succeeded in getting them justice. Then I felt a renewed sense of resolve to carry on with the efforts till we get it.
There was chorus demanding our orders on which party to vote in the elections. I promised to get back to them soon with our advisory. Tomorrow, Gen Jaini, Col Krit Joshipura, Col Tyagi and I will be visiting Mathura and Agra to meet more of our colleague ESM.


Best regards,
Lt Gen (Emeritus) Raj Kadyan, PVSM, AVSM, VSM
Chairman IESM

No comments:

Post a Comment