MINUTES OF MEETING OF GOV BODY AT 1730H ON 18 MAR 2011 AT VK NEW DELHI
Following members attended the meeting;
1. Lt Gen (Emeritus) Raj Kadyan PVSM, AVSM and VSM Chairman
2. Maj Gen Satbir Singh SM Vice Chairman
3. Maj Gen PK Renjen AVSM
4. Brig CS Kamboj VSM
5. Col Kirit Joshipura
6. Wg Cdr CK Sharma Treasurer
7. Col Rakesh Chaturvedi
8. Cdr Ravi Pathak On skype from Pune
9. Cdr SS Ahuja Jt Secretary
10. Hony Lt K Pandey
11. Gp Capt VK Gandhi VSM Gen Secretary
12. Lt Cdr SS Beniwal Guest in attendance
Following points were discussed:
1. Debrief on core Gp meeting 5 March 2011; Gen Secretary briefed all on the core group meeting held on 5 March 2011 and explained that the total expenditure on the core gp meeting was Rs 8293. It was also brought out that despite reimbursing the fare for the conveners; the strength of members attending the meeting was very less. The members opined that it could be because IESM is only reimbursing the train fare and not the stay for the conveners. It was therefore decided that the conveners would be reimbursed for their to and fro 2 AC train fare plus Rs 500 the meeting as incidental expenditure.
2. Debrief on the IESM Rally on 6 March 2011 at Jantar Mantar; Gen Secretary briefed all on the IESM rally held on 6 March 2011 at Jantar Mantar from 1000h to 1530h. The rally was attended by more than 6500 veterans from 16 states of India. The mood in the rally was upbeat and all veterans were determined for a long fight for OROP. Arrangements in the rally were good. The expenditure on the rally was Rs 221690/. MOM of the rally has been issued.
3. Legal case to be filed for Mil pay; The detail discussion on the issue was held, and despite the fact that a decision was taken in the 8 Jan 11 meeting to file the case for Mil Pay (OROP), it was opined that there is a need for more discussions and advise from legal experts before filing the suit. It was decided that IESM should go ahead and prepare the case for OROP.
4. Filing of PIL in Supreme Court for not implementing the decision of the court orders; It was decided that enough data was not available to file a contempt of court case against Government. It was decided to gather specific cases and then press for the PIL against Government for not implementing the judgment of Supreme Court orders. It was decided to form a team to study and suggest action taken on the issue. The team would comprise of
· Lt Cdr SS Beniwal
· Col Oberoi
· Gp Capt VK Gandhi
5. Status of AFGRC; It was noted with concern that AFGRC has yet not started functioning. These are tricks Government plays with courts and veterans. It would be better to file an RTI rather than a PIL.
6. Status of Major’s pension; It was decided that all help would be provided to the veterans fighting the case.
7. IESM stand on India against Corruption; It was decided that IESM would support the agitation of veteran Anna Hazare and India against corruption group. Gen sec would make a roster for the veterans who would join the agitation on Jantar Mantar. All state conveners would be asked to support the agitation organized by the group in state capital.
There being no other point the meeting was closed at 2030h
Gp Capt VK Gandhi VSM (Retd)
Gen Secretary IESM
20 March 2010
Gen Sec IESM
L - 48, Sector - 25,
Tele no 01204313951