IESM, as you are aware, is a tri-service organization and veterans from Army, Navy and Air Force as members. IESM also has many regional veteran organizations on its membership rolls as Associate Members. As on date, IESM has approximately 8500 Life Members and around 4000 Associate Members.
IESM is a registered society with The Registrar of Societies Gurgaon, Haryana.
By the laws that govern Registered Societies, any money that IESM gets as one-time-lifetime subscription is NOT permitted to be utilised for any expenditure for a period of 5 years (till 2013). The funds received by IESM under the head of Subscription are kept in Fixed Deposit.
A resolution at the AGM may permit usage of 15% of these funds in an emergency. IESM have NOT used this clause so far. Day-to-day expenditure of the organization is to be run from either the donations received or from any interest earned on FDs.
As per the Audited Balance Sheet on 31st August 2010, the present FDs are of Rs 19 lakhs. Interest earned on these FDs was about 1.27 lakhs.
This is the reason why IESM does not incur any expenditure on rent for office, office equipment or furniture. All office bearers are operating from their residences and no emoluments are paid to any office bearer except one clerk.
The only expenditure being incurred is on the meetings and rallies. Each rally requires an expenditure of roughly Rs 2 lakhs.
IESM had received sufficient donations to arrange demonstrations and rallies to press for the demand of OROP in the first two years, ie 2008 and 2009. However, donations for the year 2010 have dwindled and IESM has received only a fraction as compared to last year. IESM is finding it difficult to continue with planned protests without adequate funds. IESM therefore is in need of funds to continue with the fight of the veterans with the Govt.
IESM made a fervent appeal to the veterans for the donations. Following veterans have committed donations in response:
1. Col LK Anand Rs 500/month
2. Col A Mehndiratta Rs 500/month
3. CPO SB Sharma Rs 300/month
4. Col AS Ahluwalia Rs 500/month
5. Veteran Kulvinder Rs 500/month
6. Gp Capt VK Vidyadhar Rs 100/month (Recd Rs 1,500 for 15 months)
7. Wg Cdr Raj Kumar Poonia Rs 500/month
8. Col Navin Chaudhary Rs 100/month (Recd Rs 1,200 for one year)
9. Brig MS Oberoi Rs 100/month
10. Sqn Ldr DK Nangia Rs 100/month (Recd Rs 2,000 for 20 months)
11. Lt Col JP Nauni Rs 200/month
1. Wg Cdr VK Sethi Rs 1,000
2. Maj Gen Anil Sawhney Rs 5,000
3. Brig HS Sandhu Rs 5,000
4. Lt Col Rakesh Sachdev Rs 20,000
5. Gp Capt (anonymous) Rs 5,000
6. Maj Gen IJS Dhillon Rs 5,000
7. Brig CS Kamboj Rs 1,00,000
8. IRB Infra Developers Ltd Rs10,000 courtesy Brig Malik
9. Air Cmde MK Chandrasekhar Rs 1000
IESM welcomes any amount as donation from veterans.
All veterans are requested to come forward and contribute in the struggle for their honor and respect and of course their cherished dream of OROP. A special request is made to the veterans who hold important positions in private companies, to try and ask their companies to donate generously for IESM.
For those who may wish to support IESM, you can give the donation in any one of the following methods that is convenient for you:
· Send a cheque in favour of "Indian Ex Serviceman Movement" at any given periodicity to me at the address given in my signature block below.
· Deposit the Cheque directly to the IESM account and send the Deposit Slip to me.
· Do the transaction over the internet through net-banking and inform me of the details every time you do that OR
· Give standing instructions to your Bank for a fixed date-every-month pay-in into IESM account -- and inform us the exact instructions, to enable keeping track of the funds.
· For EACH Donation, please do fill up the attached form and send to me by email ASAP.
Details of the Bank account are:
Name of Account: Indian Ex Servicemen Movement
Account No: 06162000001330
Name of Bank: HDFC Bank
Nine Digit MICR Code of Bank: 110240109
IFSC Code No (for e-transfer): HDFC 0000616
Postal Address of Bank: Palam Vihar Branch, SCO 87, Gurgaon
IESM will issue a receipt for all donations under Section 80G, which would afford a set-off against Income Tax payable every year. This receipt would be issued once in a financial year for the sake of administrative convenience.
I am sure all the veterans will come forward and be counted in this, their struggle for honor and the cherished dream of OROP.
Let us all together convert shove into a heave and move the mountain!
Sunshine & Blue Skies!
Wg Cdr CK Sharma (Retd)
N-15 1st Floor
Greater Kailash 1
New Delhi – 110 048