Please read the two emails reproduced below.
I am sure this will give you lot of confidence in the efforts being put in by your humble supporters IESM, who are spending sleepless nights to
get justice to YOU ALL INDIAN MILITARY VETERANS.
होंगे कामयाब हम एक दिन - एक दिनIt is time for all of us to support IESM.
Would you please –
Become member of IESM and give them whole hearted support.
You know and we all know – you cannot get very rich by saving those few hundred rupees, which are required to support IESM.
More support you can gather – better are chances of success of IESM.
We need much more momentum to move the political leaders away from the clutches of the Babus, who are bent upon cheating the Defence Services Veterans.
Please help and support IESM.
In service of Indian Military Veterans
From: Satbir Singh [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
Sent: 17 May 2011 14:56
Subject: Fwd: [IESM_GovBody] IESM PRESENTATION TO THE PETITION COMMITTEE OF RAJYA SABHA AND OTHER RELATED UPDATES [9 Attachments]
Dated : 17 May 2011IESM PRESENTATION TO THE PETITION COMMITTEE OF RAJYA SABHA AND OTHER RELATED UPDATES
1. The Petition Committee of Rajya Sabha on One Rank One Pension (OROP) invited a number of veteran organizations and a few veterans for the presentation on 16 May 2011. We had requested the Petition Committee to grant us sufficient time to make the presentation to enable us to do justice to the cause. You will be glad to know that our request was accepted. Alongwith us, the Navy Foundation Delhi Chapter and Brig Mahalingam an IESM veteran also made their presentations.
2. Gen Kadyan, Col R P Chaturvedi, Hony Lt Kameshwar Pandey and self represented the IESM. Gen Kadyan made a gripping, impressive, forceful and excellent presentation bringing out all the relevant facts, logic and analysis for the grant of OROP. The members of the committee which comprised Shri Bhagat Singh Koshyari, Chairman Petition Committee and Members of Rajya Sabha, Shri Avinash Pande, Shri Rajeev Shukla, Shri Ram Vilas Paswan, Shri Nandi Yellaiah, heard our presentation fully engrossed and their body language demonstrated their compassion for the soldier. Col RP Chaturvedi, Hoy Lt Kameshwar Pandey made brief forceful comments. I was privileged to add a few points with a couplet commenting on the bureaucracy:-
“Mera Katil hi Mera Munsif Hai, Mere Haq Mein Kiya Faisla Dega”(My Murderer is the Judge, How will he give Judgement in my Favour?)
I appealed to the Hon’ble Members of the petition Committee that Injustice to the Defence Forces must end at the earliest in the interest of the Nation”.
3. The Navy Foundation led by Admiral Harinder made an equally strong presentation highlighting the issue of Non functional upgrades and other promotional avenues and benefits which the bureaucracy has given to itself.
4. We were also privileged to listen to Brig V Mahalingam to a very captivating, factually backed and emotionally charged presentation which was heard by the Committee members in rapt silence nodding in obvious agreement. They commented that during the day’s proceedings they had indeed been exposed to the facts hither to fore unknown to them.
5. We also take the privilege to release IESM Memorandum and Memorandum sent by self with related documents to the Petition Committee. Friends, we are thankful to other veteran organizations ie IESL, All India Ex Services Welfare Association, Naval foundation, IESL Uttrakhand and veterans Gen HB Kala, Gen Vijay Oberoi, Gen Radhakrishnan, AVM R P Mishra, Admiral Alan O’Leary, Admiral Arun Saxena, Brig V Mahalingam for forcefully presenting the case for OROP in their respective memorandums. During our presentation, we were also privileged to hear Mr. Ramachandran Gen Secretary of All India Central Confederation of Pensioners Association speaking in favour of the Defence Personnel. He remarked that if the Defence Personnel are Govt employees, they have to be given employment till the age of 60. In case they are being compulsorily retired earlier, suitable compensation for them is the bounden duty of the Govt.
6. Dear veterans, the time has come for the OROP to be sanctioned. Let us hope the Govt (read bureaucracy) does not derail it any more. As announced earlier, if the OROP is not granted by September 2011, the IESM has planned to carry out “Fauji Gaurav Yatras” in all states of the country starting first with Punjab. The Yatras will cover all the districts of the state. Defence veterans, their members of the families and supporters in large number are likely to take part in Yatras. The aim is to draw attention of the people of India about the ill-treatment of military by successive Govts for the last 62 years. We also plan to collect maximum medals and blood signatures on the memorandum to be deposited with the President of India and inform veterans across the country that those political parties who do not support or work to get us OROP have NO RIGHT TO ask for our votes in any election. Forgetting differences if any, all veteran organizations and individual veterans are requested to join in our crusade to get justice for Defence Forces.
7. We will conduct the Yatras in a peaceful and dignified manner keeping in view the democratic norms and discipline.
“We will succeed”
“God Bless God Speed”
Maj Gen (Retd) Satbir Singh, SM
Vice Chairman, IESM
Mob: 9312404269, 0124 – 4110570
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Attachment(s) from Satbir Singh9 of 9 File(s)
(The attachments received from Maj Gen Satbir Singh being very large in size, cannot be mass emailed. However these attachments are being placed on the following websites –
“REPORT MY SIGNAL - BLOG” – http://reportmysignal.blogspot.com
IESM UPDATES AND MEMBERSHIP REGISTRATION – http://www.iesm.org/
SANJHA MORCHA WEBSITE - http://sanjhamorcha2009.blogspot.com/ )
From: IESM_GovBody@yahoogroups.com [mailto:IESM_GovBody@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Kameshwar Pandey
Sent: 17 May 2011 16:04
To: gove body IESM
CONGRATULATIONS ON AN OUTSTANDING PRESENTATION, SIR.
Dear Gen Kadyan Sir,
I am still recovering from the awe-effect of the presentation you made yesterday. To say that it was an outstanding presentation that you made in front of the petition committee would be a huge understatement. IESM is both lucky and proud to have you as our Chairman and I feel privileged to be able to work closely with you. Even the chairman and the other members of the petition committee had no option but to appreciate your presentation. The effect that the presentation had on the committee can be gauged by the remark that they made, "we would like to meet you again during the course of finalization of the committee recommendations." On behalf of our team and as an 'eye-witness' I would like to congratulate you on a remarkable presentation yesterday.
The beauty of presentation lay in the fact that all our claims, our points and our apprehensions were backed by solid, water-tight facts and figures. What was even more outstanding was that these were issues mostly related to war widows, JCOs, NCOs and other ranks - something that was missing from most of the other presentations made before the committee. It was, thus, proven one more time that Gen Kadyan follows the 'subordinates first' rule which so many senior veterans have forgotten.
Some points of the presentation that I want to highlight that Gen Kadyan stressed on:
- The main focus of the presentation was, of course, on One Rank One Pension, its need and its justification.
- Intended and subtle pun on the cunning efforts of bureaucrats for the planned and tactical down-gradation of the military.
- Loved this quote, "mera qatil hi mera munsif hai, kya mere haq mein faisla dega..." which was delivered in an extremely emotional way by Gen Satbir sir which moved everyone sitting in the room.
- I salute the herculean effort put in by Gen Satbir sir as well as Col R P Chaturvedi sir who worked behind the scenes tirelessly which made this presentation a grand success that it was. We must also thank to Hav Devi Lal sahib who is always in the thick of every IESM activity. Hav Devi Lal sahib is an asset for IESM.
Finally, I apologize for taking the mic without your permission to support the points of Sh S S Ramachandran. The chairman, Mr Koshiyari, tried to interrupt him but I was in full agreement with the point raised by Mr S S Ramachandran, that the young lot of firearms trained soldiers, if left dissatisfied, can be misguided by anti national elements and that can be mighty dangerous.
The question before us, therefore, is weather these committees have any vested powers or are they merely an eye-wash and a governments gimmick to buy more time and further delay the issue. A member of the committee was saying that we are here to give you a hearing and that there are many committees above them that might or might not listen to their recommendations. What, then, is the use of all this lao-lashkar? And what should be our course of action?
I once again appreciate the collective efforst of IESM as a unit because of which such presentations and meetings are suddenly happening and everybody is talking about ESM and OROP. What is notable is the fact that IESM was called separately for making the presentation! That said,
लड़ाई लम्बी है. हमें शांति, धीरज और हिम्मत से आगे बढ़ाना है.
Sub/Maj Hony. Lt. (Veteran)
Governing Body Member Indian ESM Movement
Resi: 230, Pocket-1, DDA SFS Flats, Sector-1,
Dwarka, New Delhi - 110 075
Cell : +91-9811059825