Tuesday, May 3, 2011
IESM MEMORANDUM IN RESPONSE TO PUBLIC INPUTS SOUGHT WITH REFERENCE TO PETITION PRAYING FOR GRANT OF ONE RANK ONE PENSION TO THE ARMED FORCES PERSONNEL
1. We thank the large number of veterans who have given us valuable suggestions for drafting the memorandum for the Petitions committee. This is to inform you that IESM memorandum duly incorporating the suggestions from veterans has been submitted to the petition Committee. The same will be made public once the Petition Committee has seen it.
2. Gen Raj Kadyan, our Chairman has written a letter to the UPA Chairman Mrs Sonia Gandhi regarding, enhancement of Widows’ pensions and has sought time and date when the group of widows could meet her and present her with their memorandum.
3. The time has come for the OROP to be sanctioned. Let us all join together to give strong push forward for the cause. The Govt will have to address the grave injustice done to the Defence Forces. The injustice is so deep and the cause is so strong that our genuine demand cannot be set-aside by the Govt any more.
4. The monsoon session of the Parliament starts on 14 Jul 2011. An intense pressure needs to be built on the Govt to see reasons to the genuine demand of OROP. We have multipronged activities simultaneously planned for the same. May we request the veterans having flair for writing to write articles for various news papers, magazines etc. We also request our veterans who have contacts with the media for coverage.
5. If the OROP is not granted by the Govt by then, the IESM has planned series of “Fauji Gaurav Yatras” in various states starting with Punjab in Sep – Oct 2011. The Yatra will cover all districts of the State. Conveners at all levels may kindly start thinking about it with an aim to execute “Fauji Gaurav Yatra” meticulously as per the Fauji Precision.
Maj Gen (Retd) Satbir Singh, SM
Vice Chairman, IESM
Mob : 9312404269,0124 – 4110570
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com