Sunday, December 27, 2009

Direct Entry Graduates Execustive Branch, called the BENBOW batch..20 Dec 1948 Commissioned

From: Lokesh K Batra
To: kamboj_cs@yahoo.co.in
Cc: klc1925@yahoo.com
Sent: Fri, 25 December, 2009 11:21:33 PM
Subject: Request from Commodore K. L. Chopra

Dear Brig Kamboj,

Seasons' Greetings

I am forwarding a mail I received from Commodore (Retd.) K L Chopra who is of 1948 batch. He was my Commanding Officer when I was a young Sub Lt.

I have a humble requst to you to post the relevent part of Commodore Chopra's email on the Report my Signal as a special case. May be some group member in India or abroad know the contact details of his batchmate.

That will be a great help.

I am copying this mail to Commodore K L Chopra too.

With
warm Regards,
Lokesh
-------------
From: Krishan Chopra
To: lkbatra@rediffmail.com



Incidently I have a small problem and hope that you wud be able to find an answer for the same for me.

" You know I joined service on 20th December,1948 alongwith 18 other officers as the first Direct Entry Graduates Execustive Branch, called the BENBOW batch. To be honest, I have lost track of the whereabouts of these officers since retirement. There are a number of them, who have since died, whereas in case of some no contact details are available from my sources. I wonder if you would be able to find any answer to this predictment of mine. ( Two of these were, however, dismissed during the training itself )

Anything I could do please do let me know.

------

With kind regards

KL CHOPRA
(All members of Report My Signal are requested to kindly give wide publicity to the contents of the above email and help in locating the members of 1st Direct Entry Graduates of Executive Branch of Navy, who joined service on on 20 Dec 1948.
If you know any members of the above Graduate Course, please send the information to the following –
1. Cmde LK Batra - lkbatra@rediffmail.com
2. Cmde KL Chopra - klc1925@yahoo.com
Thank you – Chander Kamboj)

No comments:

Post a Comment