Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Congress Manifesto by Cmde Brijesh

( Copy of an E Mail from Cmde Brijesh to Mr Jai Ram Ramesh)



From: Brijesh
Sent: Wednesday, April 01, 2009 8:09 AM
To: jairam@congress.org.in
Subject: Congress Manifesto


Dear Mr. Ramesh,

A little while ago, I found a message in my inbox inviting me to view the manifesto of your Party, which I did. I was however not surprised to see that the statements being made by your Party functionaries in various fora are not being supported in your Party's Election Manifesto and therefore it can be safely assumed, not endorsed officially endorsed by your Party. Not that the promises made in the manifestoes historically been translated in action by your Party, For if that was indeed so, the present state of our country would have been quite different!

Be that it may, I come now to the specific issue that I am concerned about. The manifesto of your Party is silent on the demand of the Ex-Servicemen for One rank One Pension. This is one of the issues on which a number of your Party functionaries are promising something quite different in their interactions, or so I am led to believe. You are no doubt aware that the ex-servicemen constitute a special group that needs different kind of handling due to their background and training. In my view, whether your party endorses their demand or not is a matter for your Party to decide but I venture to suggest to your Party that the consequences of unmindful promises by your partymen could have serious consequences for the nation, should these people become disaffected. I am sure that a learned and erudite person such as you, at least as appears from your appearances on various TV programmes that I have enjoyed in great measure, would understand the import of what I am bringing to your notice. I

therefore hope that you would instruct your partymen and fellow travellers to not to make promises and commitments that your party's government has rejected in the Parliament. If, on the other hand, your party has had second thoughts after the statement was made in the Parliament, then the appropriate manner may well be to say so in the Manifesto. I am aware that it may not be possible to amend the manifesto at this stage and therefore an official statement by your Party regarding this commitment needs to be made.

I may add that the Ex-Servicemen's Community holds your Party responsible for much of their problems since your party was in power for almost 80% of the time since independence. In this, they are not alone but it is a price any ruling dispensation faces and Congress is no exception.

I hope that you give this message the consideration it deserves and I get to hear what you have to say on the subject.

with best wishes,

Brijesh

Disclosure- I would stand to gain as much as the next Ex-Serviceman since I belong to the tribe.

1 comment:

  1. Good and timely response to Cong party.They were responsible and guilty of neglect of Fauji,Defence services and National security.

    Those who made those staements in Parliament and in public against OROP must be outright rejected and defeated in these elections.

    Not only those individuals,also their party .
    The strategy should be to go for the victory of that party with a clear support to Fauji and defeat of those who are guilty of neglect.

    ReplyDelete