Wednesday, March 24, 2010

War memorial Jammu by Maj Gen DN Khurana


From: D N Khurana dnkhurana@yahoo.com
Sent: 24 March 2010 09:46
To: Kamboj Chander
Subject: war memorial Jammu

My dear Chander,

I was recently visiting Jammu after a span of over 25 years. I was delighted to see the War Memorial which has been completed in November 2009. It is indeed an excellent piece of architecture- sombre,graceful and majestic standing tall on a hill overlooking the Town. It bears names of all the brave soldiers who gave the ultimate sacrifice during various operations in J&K.

I wish the Central Govt takes a leaf out of this great example and sets up a suitable National War Memorial in the capital.

I am attaching a photograph of the Memorial which was taken on my Cell Phone for circulation on Report my Signals for all your readers, if you think fit.

Best regards,
Don Khurana

(Maj Gen D N Khurana )

No comments:

Post a Comment