From: Wg.Cdr. Shashank Bendre
Sent: Saturday, August 15, 2009 12:42 PM
Subject: Qualifying Service for Pension
I shall be highly grateful if you could throw some light on the following queries?
Your answer to the queries will enable me to put it on the IESM info board:
Has GOI letter been issued on waiving off of 33 yrs service?
Who are the persons it is applicable to:
1. Pre-2006 pensioners?
2. Family pensioners (if the deceased pensioner has not completed 33 yrs. service.)
3. Effective date?
4. Effective date for arrears?
Other useful details/explanation.
Member, Pension Cell,IESM
From: Navdeep Singh
To: Wg.Cdr. Shashank Bendre
Sent: Saturday, August 15, 2009 1:25 PM
Subject: Re: Qualifying Service for Pension
The GOI Letter eliminating the need of 33 years' service for full pension has been issued only for Post-Jan 2006 PBOR and Post-Sept 2008 Officers. Another revised letter is likely to be issued for Post-Jan 2006 Officers too.
Your queries :
1. No, it is not applicable to pre-06 pensioners. Neither on the civil side nor on the military side.
2. Family pension has NO link with 33 years' service since ordinary family pension is calculated @ 30% of basic pay and there is no requirement of rendering any minimum service for earning a family pension.
3. Effective date for post-6th CPC retirees as stated above is Jan 2006 for PBOR and Sept 2008 for officers and civilians. It may be revised to Jan 2006 for Military officers soon.
4. Date of arrears for all revised pensionary modalities for pre-06 retirees is 01 Jan 06.
Maj Navdeep Singh
Advocate High Court
(Maj Navdeep Singh is a serving TA Officer, practising law in Chandigarh High Court. He has very detailed knowledge about various Pay Commission reports and the related Govt letters issued on the subject. He has an excellent website which has very wide variety of information for Defence Personnel. From time to time Maj Navdeep Singh keeps circulating important information to all Veterans. Please do visit Maj Navdeep's website at - http://www.indianmilitary.info/)