Monday, November 16, 2009

Views of Cdr Pran Prashar

From: pran parashar [mailto:pran.parashar@gmail.com]
Sent: 14 November 2009 16:01
To: Kamboj Chander; Satish Kumar Bahri
Subject: Re: COPY OF LETTER SENT BY LT GEN SK BAHRI TO SOME EDITORS - "REPORT MY SIGNAL" - EMAIL 771/2009 - 14 NOV 09 (H to Z)

Dear Brig. Kamboj,

Blessings.

This e-mail is really meant for Gen. Bahri. But I do not know how to reply only to the part of the main e-mail, unless I cut and paste. I somehow do not succeed in that either. So do pl put up wit it.

Dear Gen., Ref your letter to the newspapers. I am glad u have mentioned that u were the Milty Attache in Paris. I believe there is a Naval Attache and an Air force Attache also in Paris. What do the Attache's do? Isn't it their responsibility to advise the Ambassador on such matters also? As usual we blame others. I submit, we in the Services are more to blame of such ills than the Babus!!

To beat my own trumpet, I once established an un official flight time record between UK and Malta in a single seater fighter aircraft. I had been Naval ADC to Earl Mountbatten when he was the Governor General of India. Alan Johnson was the Press Attache at that Period. He had published a book "Mission with Mountbatten". A send off was being given to that book at the same time that my flight event took place. Being almost a member of the family, I had been invited too. The British Media had given my event publicity. Lord Louis at the Function took me by the arm to our H C., Mr. Krishna Menon, who too knew me well. Lord Louis said to him. Krishna have u given a party to Pran?. Then he explained to Mr. Menon why ! Mr. Krishna Menon took me aside and wanted to know why I did not advise him about it? My reply was that he had the Naval Adviser and the Asst. Naval Adviser to do so. Not to mention the Press Adviser!. I was, of course, pulled up by the Asst. Naval Adviser the following day for having met Mr. Krishna Menon. They had not been invited to the send off party.

Aim of my beating personal Trumpet is to High light that the Services Attache are required to do more rather than finding shortfalls in our other representatives.

Blessings.

Pran Parashar
--------------
From: Satish Kumar Bahri skbahri1@yahoo.com
To: pran parashar pran.parashar@gmail.com
Cc: REPORT MY SIGNAL (CS Kamboj) kamboj_cs@yahoo.co.in
Sent: Sat, 14 November, 2009 4:55:12 PM
Subject: Homage to our Guardians
Dear Parashar Sir,
Thanks for your mail.
I could not make the letter to the editors too long so I could not explain what all I did in advising the ambassador.

By the time I left I had made the guy in Paris lay a wreath at the Indian War Memorial at Neuve Chapelle, despite his initial objection that Indians do not pay homage to their dead. I had to remind him that we have enough places like Raj Ghat and Gandhi Samadhis all over the country. I also made him and the Ambassador in Brussels host the Commonwealth ambassadors at a function to lay a wreath at the Arch of Triumph and the Grave of the Unknown Soldier at Brussels, which used to come them in alphabetical order.

The empasis of my letter was on the soldiers and not on myself.

Regards.


Satish (Lt Gen SK Bahri, 1st JSW – 10 IMA Course, residing in New Delhi)
E 403 Som Vihar Apts,
RK Puram

No comments:

Post a Comment