From: Exservicemen Joint Action Front Sanjha Morcha [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
Sent: 04 September 2010 12:05
To: Brig CS Kamboj
Subject: MINUTES OF HISTORICAL MEETING OF ALL INDIA EXSERVICEMEN ORGANISATIONS HELD AT CHANDIGARH ON 04 SEP 2010.
Ex.SERVICEMEN JOINT ACTION FRONT SANJHA MORCHA
Meeting was held at Chandigarh of all Ex-servicemen Organisations on 04 Sep 2010,under chairmanship of Brig HS Ghuman.The same was attended by thefollowing Veterans:-
(a) Brig Nawab Singh(b) Brig HS Ghuman,SC(c) Brig Harwant Singh(d) Brig KS Khalon(e) Brig IS Ghakhal(f) Brig SS Jaswal(Pkl)(g) Brig BK Kohli(h) Brig Opinder Singh(i) Col Rajan (Banglore)(j) Col Bhag Singh(k) Col RS Boparai(l) Col CJS Khera(m) Col Harinder Singh(n) Col SC Balli, SM(o) Col DS Bajwa(p) Col KYS Minhas(q) Capt CSSidhu(r) Sgt CS Saini(s) Sgt Jagdip Singh
2. Brig Nawab Singh conducted the meeting; in his welcome Note he welcomed Col Rajan, President IESM Karnataka and Five Southern States; and Col Bhag Singh, President IESL, Punjab and all heads of ESM organizations and Veteran attendees. He gave following points.3. Aim. Aim of the meeting was to forge unity amongst all ESM organsiations, ensure cooperation and project a united front to resolve all ESM issues through Director Sainik Welfare/Punjab Government/Union Government.
4. Outstanding Issues.A. Regain Original Order of Precedence.B. One Rank One Pension.C. Rank Pay Pension arrears as granted by 4th Pay Commission.D. Veterans Commission.E. Veterans Day.F. Voting Right to Soldiers at the place of Posting.
5. Discussions were held from 1030 h to 1330h and finally following decisions were taken.
6. Name of Only One Organization IESL [Indian Ex-servicemen league president(Punjab) Col Bhag Singh will be used for projecting all Ex-Serviceman Problems. All other Organizations will project common front and will project their issues united on one common letter endorsed by all organizations.
7. All Veterans Organizations will also take strength of Para Military Forces and their Organizational strength also for projecting united front.
8. All ESM will Strengthen the Office of Director Sainik Welfare and Provide him full Support and Cooperation. These organizations will also project case with CM for upgrading post of Director Sainik Welfare to Secretary Sanik Welfare. 9. Briefing the MP’s of Punjab on One Rank One Pension and other ESM issues. Brig Kahlon, Brig HS Ghuman, Brig Nawab Singh, Brig Harwant Singh and Col RS Boparai will be responsible for briefing all MP’s of Punjab on ESM issues within two months time.10. Following Issues Concerning ESM will be taken up for Resolution on Priority.A. Restoration of old Order Of Precedence.B. Grant of One rank One Pension.C. Correcting Anomalies of 4th pay Commission.D. Veterans Day. All will send their views on selection of Day i.e. & Dec/16 Dec/Any other day with justification to Brig Nawab Singh by 20 Sep.E. Veterans Commission.F. Lateral placement.G. Social Assistance to needy ESM.
11. All ESM organizations will exploit the Services of Blog of Sanjha Morcha for Information of All ESM.IESL will also share all their activities and achievements on this blog.
12. Assistance to Remnant Cases of 1984 Riots. All left over cases of 1984 will be taken up for assistance with the Government.
13. All ESM,s unanimously agreed to call ESM,s to visit on a Nominated Day to Anandpur Sahib Gurudwara; where they will give a call for unity of ESM and Prey to almighty for success of OROP. Please inform and request all ESM to converge there once we give a call.
14. Voting Right to Serving Soldiers. All ESM organizations gave a call for Registration of Soldiers for Voting at the Place of Posting. All present committed them for working towards this cause.
15. Action against Individual or ESM org functioning Against ESM Ethos and Against Interests of ESM. There are some Veterans and ESM org which are working against interests of ESM; all unanimously felt that we need to take action against such persons by declaring them “outcast”. All unanimously authorized Brig Nawab Singh to initiate suitable action against such Veterans in future.
16. IESL Meeting with COAS. On 21 Sep 2010, Col Bhag Singh has a meeting with COAS to discuss ESM related issues; all Org are requested to pass on the points to him by 20 Sep.In future all organizations will share their programme with each other and invite others to join hands. All will ensure that programme dates of two organizations do not clash.
17. It was decided to hold a meeting of all ESM at DSW office on first Saturday of each month for ESM of Tri City and Once a Quarter for ESM of All India.
18. Brig HS Ghuman and Brig IS Ghakhal and Col RS Boparai gave a call for forging unity amongst all ESM organizations at least for one year to see the best results. All heads of ESM organizations agreed to join hands. Brig Nawab Singh(Retd)M-9915020040Coordinator
With Warm Regards
Ex.SERVICEMEN JOINT ACTION FRONT (Sanjha Morcha)