Sunday, August 8, 2010

ECHS: BATTLE OF THE VETERANS A CASE STUDY Dental related treatment

ECHS: BATTLE OF THE VETERANS A CASE STUDY Dental related treatment
1. I really wonder after the Battle has been lost and won was it worth going through the ECHS for fixed dentures? At the end of the day I have ended up paying Rs 16000/- for the fixed dentures to cover the gap of 4 teeth on top (now 6 teeth denture) and one bottom gum (now 3 teeth fixed denture).
2. It took over a dozen visits to ECHS BH, Tilak Nagar star imaging and path lab, R&R and of course finally Rampal Dental Clinic in GKII.
3. I am presently reasonably satisfied with the job which had my approval while on the Dental Chair. Initial cost was quoted as Rs 1 Lac for Top Quality fixed Dentures. I said spending a lac at this age for elephant’s teeth is not worth. In one of the sittings I settled for flexible dentures for Rs 10000/- and in the final sitting the doctor while on the dental chair recommended that I should go for the fixed denture of a reasonable quality which would cost Rs 30000/- as the health of the teeth on both sides is bad and would have to be treated in 6-8 months. When I said the cost appears to be still beyond my budget. Negotiation landed up to Rs 18000/-.
4. Now I have sets of partial two fixed dentures of hopingly reasonable quality. I was told ECHS pays only Rs 500/- per month tooth denture. Rs 2000/- was finally reduced and I ended up finally paying Rs 16000/-.
5. There may be many similar cases which go unreported. As a post treatment ECHS may be able to comment that did I receive the correct treatment or I paid excessive through decision was ultimately mine for which I do not blame anyone from the ECHS. I wonder did I gain anything going through the ECHS for my dental treatment keeping in mind the time spent in waiting and trips made that is for the ECHS to decide.
6. I really wonder if I got true value for my money. Did I benefit from the noble idea of ECHS’s envisaged aim of extended health arm to reach near the veterans door step?
Veteran Col RC Patial , SM

No comments:

Post a Comment